Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 3 and Day 4

On Friday morning I left at 7 am for a weekday education conference with some wonderful friends and colleagues. We had a great time. This was one of the displays of artwork in the art class I took. I just love to be reminded of what she told us. "It's the process, not the product" Amen sister!! It was a wonderful class. I will definitely be doing an art project like this when we do the Hungry Caterpillar book. It was adorable. All the circles are finger painted with different colors. It was so cute. I love it!


Here are Leigh and Laura at the lunch table. Jenny is in the picture next to them.

Here are Sophie and Katherine.

After lunch I went into the area where the art gallery from different centers was. I saw this great turkey project for Thanksgiving time. They were called Picasso turkeys. Each one was different since all the kids made their own version. It had a cute poem to go with it. Here is a cute stained glass window project that I saw also, I may try this for Easter.


We had a wonderful speaker during the lunch sessions and after dinner. After the last session on Friday we decided to go to the Dollar tree and Walmart to look for some things to use in our classrooms. We found some great things for Circus week at the Dollar tree and some yummy snacks for the evening. Once back we had a great night of laughter and fun. My roommate was Jenny and our room was adjoining to Sophie and Leigh's room. We stayed up way too late laughing and getting excited about our upcoming year. Mostly laughing. I am so excited to get back to school and start a new year. I know this year is going to be wonderful!

Saturday was a long day. I was very tired. After breakfast me and Jenny went back to our room and had a nice nap during the first session since there weren't any classes we wanted to take.
We were very refreshed and ready for the rest of the day. After a great day of very informative classes we headed home.

I think Tyler missed me, he seemed very glad to have me home.

Hope you enjoyed!

Barb

1 comment:

Sophie Morand said...

It was a great workshop : good classes and lot of fun, I asked Leigh, when was the next one ???