Monday, April 27, 2009

Disney Day 4

Epcot
April 1, 2009
After being out very late last night, we decided take our time getting out of the house this morning. My parents were joining us today at Epcot, so we also were at the mercy of the transportation company of when they would be able to pick up my Mom in her wheelchair on the special bus.
We were very excited to spend the day with my parents since if it wasn't for the their generosity and great timeshare we would not have been in Disney.
We got into the park late so the fast passes for Soarin the ride I wanted to make sure they got on were going fast. So we decided to change our plan of getting the fast pass for Test Track first, and get the Soarin fast pass first.
We got our fast pass and then headed to The Seas with Nemo and friends.
It was a fun ride and my mom was able to get on with her wheelchair. We then went to the Turtle talk with Crush.
Once we finished we went to The Land building and rode Living with the Land ride. We had our picnic lunch inside since it was warm out.
We then went to Honey I shrunk the Audience. When it was time to leave it was pouring rain so we had to wait inside till it stopped. Once it stopped we walked along the paths to the World Showcase. It was the Festival of Flowers so there lots of floral decorations around the park. We stopped at this playground area for the kids to play and snap some pictures.
Sarah on the "spider web"

Jonathan on the "spider web"

Jonathan and Tyler with Captain Hook


Hannah and Tyler

Abigail posing


Hannah


The kids and Captain Hook

After stopping several times in all the countries we were ready to ride Soarin.
We all loved it when we rode it before, and both my Mom and my Dad loved it also.
So much fun.
We had a little time before we had to go to our 7 pm dinner reservations at Akershus Royal Dining Hall.
Unfortunately we did not have enough time to run over to Test Track for my Dad to ride, he was a little bummed.
We had a wonderful dinner at Akershus and got to meet a bunch of wonderful princesses.
Here are some shots from our dinner.
Belle

Sleeping Beauty

Snow White

Cinderella

Mulan

After a wonderful dinner we had to walk quickly to the viewing area for handicapped people so my Mom could see the fireworks at the best vantage point.
The fireworks were wonderful.

Dad and Mom and the kids in front of the Epcot ball.
All in all it was a great day and GREAT to share it with my parents!
Till next time,
Barb

2 comments:

Sophie Morand said...

Great pictures. I want to go too!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Epcot.......seeing all the pictures makes me REALLY want to get back to Disney! Glad you all had a great time and we were able to spend time with your parents. Joye Hall