Friday, August 8, 2008

Abigail Grace Hoffman


Abigail Grace Hoffman
April 6, 1994
What can I say about our first born? What a beauty she is!
Abigail was born on April 6,1994 at Bristol Hospital in Bristol, Connecticut. My pregnancy with her was mostly uneventful. We were so excited for her to come. I had several false starts, can you say with me Braxton Hicks...I had many.
Needless to say after 5 hours of labor and 4, yes I said 4 hours of pushing she finally came into this wonderful world.
Abigail's name came out of 1st Samuel. The original runners up were Olivia Mae (Mae is my mother's middle name and Tyler's sister Angie's middle name.), Catlin Dawn, Jenna Marie, and Haley Ann (the only part of this name that had a history is that Ann is my middle name.)
* Abigail was born tongue tied (it just means the little piece of skin under the tongue is short so she can't stick her tongue out as far as other people, and she may have had trouble nursing, she did not), not that it has ever been a problem for her.
*Abigail was born with a clogged tear duct, which made her one eye water constantly and get infected easily. After consulting a Pediatric Opthamologist and hearing of the surgery she would need, it suddenly opened 2 weeks later, so needless to say no surgery. YEAH!
*She nursed for about 12 months straight, we never introduced a bottle because she was our first and we figured that it wouldn't be an issue. Obviously we were wrong, the first and only time we tried to get away with out her to go to a wedding she cried the whole time and would not take a bottle, even with my milk in it, we tried a few days before to make sure it would go well. It did not!
*She had a stuffed bunny that she slept with, stroked, sucked and carried everywhere with her. It was lost several times and one time I had to drive 30 minutes over to my sister's house at 11pm when we realized she did not have it for bed. Once "Bunny" had become to thread bare and his stuffing was coming out, his silky coat had turned from blue to a bleached out white from all its washing we finally placed him very carefully in a gallon sized quart Ziploc bag. She quickly found a "Puffalump" elephant with the same silky texture that became her new lovey. Every once in a while she will pull out the original "Bunny" and look at it fondly.
*Her looks have changed dramatically from when she was a baby. If you know Sarah or saw Sarah as a baby she looks just like Abigail as a baby and toddler.
*Abigail is a very stubborn young lady. She will go far because she know what she wants and how to get it.
*Abigail loves art and anything to do with it, she always has.
*Abigail's favorite love is a good book. She LOVES to read. As a child she wanted me to read to her constantly. We were always talking, about everything and because of this I believe its the reason she is so verbal. Abigail has read more books in her short life than I have probably read my entire life.
*Because of Abigail's birth we reevaluated our lives and got involved in our local church for the first time since our wedding, she was 6 months old.
*Abigail was saved on February 6, 2000 at 5 years old .
She was baptized on November 19, 2000 at Grace Church in Norcross, Georgia.
While in middle school, on a youth retreat she recommitted her life to Christ with a deeper understanding of what Salvation really means.
*Abigail is my nurturer. She loves to help her sisters and brother (most times) to do something or learn something new.
*I am so proud of her and the young woman she is becoming.
*She is my first and taught me how to be a Mommy.
Next time I will tell you about my Hannah.
Till next time.
Barb

2 comments:

Tyler Hoffman said...

I think what you're doing with this blog is incredible....such a blessing for our family. I love you whole bunches!!!!!!

Sophie Morand said...

I really enjoy reading your posts. It is so sweet. Keep doing the hard work!